Have a wonderful day!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday Discussion (1): Do you judge a book by its cover?

YES!!! I cannot help but judge books by their covers. I was reading my favorite blogs and came across this discussion topic on Down the Rabbit Hole and decided to join.

I agree with Amber. What book lover hasn't walked around a bookstore and was captivated by the cover of a book. It might have been strange, beautiful, interesting but all in all it was what captured your attention and made you pick up the book. You might have read the blurb and decided it was not the book for you or wondered why you had never heard of this amazing sounding book and purchased it. Regardless, it was the cover that made you pick up the book and give it a chance.

Before I began blogging I would walk around bookstores searching for my next read and was usually drawn to a book because of their covers. I found many amazing books this way.

Examples:
Angelology (Angelology #1)Fallen (Fallen, #1)The Replacement

I also admit there were a lot of great books that I almost missed because I did not like the cover. It wasn't until I starting reading fellow blogger reviews that I decided to give these books a chance.

Examples:
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)RebeccaShiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)

To me the covers are just as important as the blurb in selling a book.

If you wanted to read about angels and knew nothing about these books and came across them, wouldn't you pick them up because of their beautiful covers?


Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)Halo (Halo, #1)

Do I rate a book based on its cover? No. The cover just helps when I am looking for books. I do not take it into account when I am deciding if I enjoyed the book or not. I will comment on my review that I love the cover but it does not affect my review. A good book is a good book regardless of its cover.

If I read great reviews about a book with a not so great cover would I pick it up? Of course. Thanks to reading reviews I have come across great book that I might not have read.

How about you, do you judge a book by its cover?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and love hearing about what you think. Hope you enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...