Have a wonderful day!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

{Review}: Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray

Lily of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #1)Title: Lily of the Nile
Author: Stephanie Dray Website | Twitter 
Genre: YA Historical Fiction
Publisher: Berkley Trade (December, 2010)
Paperback: 351 pages
ISBN: 9780425238554
Source: Library
Available on: Amazon | Barnes&Noble

My Rating: 5/5

Description from GoodReads:
To Isis worshippers, Princess Selene and her twin brother Helios embody the divine celestial pair who will bring about a Golden Age. But when Selene's parents are vanquished by Rome, her auspicious birth becomes a curse. Trapped in an empire that reviles her heritage and suspects her faith, the young messianic princess struggles for survival in a Roman court of intrigue. She can't hide the hieroglyphics that carve themselves into her hands, nor can she stop the emperor from using her powers for his own ends. But faced with a new and ruthless Caesar who is obsessed with having a Cleopatra of his very own, Selene is determined to resurrect her mother's dreams. Can she succeed where her mother failed? And what will it cost her in a political game where the only rule is win-or die?
My Review:
I decided to read this book because of many wonderful reviews I saw. THANK YOU! I would not have picked it up if it weren't for them. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one in this series. I loved how I was transported to Rome in this book. I was there with Selene as she first gazed eyes on the ancient city. I am not sure how historically accurate the book may be but it was 100% entertaining.

Princess Selene struggles to survive, protect her brothers, defend her faith and attempt to bring a Golden Age all while adapting to a new place, a new family and a changing body. I couldn't put this book down.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading historical fiction. I can't wait for October 4th for Song of the Nile to come out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and love hearing about what you think. Hope you enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...