Have a wonderful day!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

{Review}: Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink

Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2)Title: Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2)
Author: Michelle Zink
Genre: YA Fiction
Publisher: Little Brown  (August, 2010) 
Hardcover: 352 pages
ISBN: 9780316034470
Source: Borrowed from Library
Available on: Amazon
My Rating: 4/5

Description on GoodReads:
The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. Alice will stop at nothing to reclaim her sister's role in the prophecy, and that's not the only thing she wants: There's also Lia's boyfriend James.
Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing.
My Review: 
Here is my attempt to review this book without spoilers about Prophecy of the Sisters. 
    I am glad I decided to give this series a chance. After finishing Prophecy of the Sisters I was a little discouraged because it didn't meet my expectations. This book turned it all around. It left me waiting anxiously for the next in the series. 
   Guardian of the Gate is about Lia making choices and playing her part in the prophecy. She goes to London to prepare for her battle with twin sister. It contains many things that I expected to be in the first book. It has adventure, she goes on a journey to find the missing pages of the prophecy. It also has wonderful creatures that made her world even more fascinating. We meet interesting new characters that give the story new twists. The best part, at least for me, is the romance. In Prophecy of the Sisters she has a relationship with James that is hurt by her role in the prophecy and her inability to tell him the truth. In this book we finally get romance. I won't say more because I don't want to ruin it for you.
   Now I just have to wait for Circle of Fire, which comes out August 2011, to see how this ends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and love hearing about what you think. Hope you enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...