Have a wonderful day!

Monday, July 25, 2011

{Review: ARC The Last Archangel by Michael D. Young

The Last Archangel
Title: The Last Archangel
Author: Michael D. Young
Genre: Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Bonneville Books (July, 2011)
Paperback: 288 pages
ISBN: 9781599558943
Source: NetGalley
Available on: Amazon | Barnes&Noble | TheBookDepository

My Rating: 3/5

Description from GoodReads:
Xandir has been exiled to earth until the end of time. But when his cherub trainee disappears, Xandir makes a deal with rogue angels and giants that could restore life to the mortal woman he loves and end his assignment as a destroying angel in exchange for helping them bring about the end of the world and all of mankind.

My Review:


The Last Archangel follows Xandir a rebel angel and Eden a women having marital problems. Their stories come together briefly a throughout the book.

Let's begin with Eden's story. Her husband  becomes angry and aggressive out of no where. Then just disappears with the only explanation that he found another woman. Eden gets her friend Judy to help her find her husband. On her journey she encounters demons, other scary things, and learns things about herself.

Now for Xandir, his job is distribute mercy and justice as a punishment for something he did in the past. Then for some unexplained reason he is reassigned to be Eden's guardian angel. Then he decides to work for a Giant and steal a seed from a tree in the island of Atlantis to save the woman he believed dead.

There were a few times when I wanted additional information. Examples: Why is Xandir reassigned? They tell Xandir that he must protect Eden at all costs and he just leaves. Shouldn't he get into a little bit of trouble?

I liked how Michael D. Young's writing takes the reader into a behind the scenes on the life of angels and how some are punished for their sins. I enjoyed the mythology and the subject matter.

I would have liked a little more on Xandir love story. I would have liked to understand why he was so willing to give up everything for her. This book was a little hard for me to get through. I was not able to get into the story and care for the characters. I am not saying that the book was bad it was just not for me. I need  more romance and better character development.

I recommend this book to those who would like to learn more about angels, an adventure to Atlantis and few demonic battles. If you are looking for romance then this is not the book for you. It does contain an angel risking everything for the woman he loves but it is more about his adventure not about how they love each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and love hearing about what you think. Hope you enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...