Have a wonderful day!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

{Review}: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genre: Contemporary YA Fiction
Publisher: Dutton (December, 2010)
Hardcover: 372 pages
ISBN: 9780525423270
Source: Library
Available on: Amazon | Barnes&Noble | TheBookDepository

My Rating: 5/5

Description from GoodReads:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
My Review:
After hearing wonders about this book, I finally decided to give it a chance. I cannot be more happy and thankful because I love this book.

If you want to remember what it was like to fall in love for the first time, then this is the book for you. Anna takes us on her journey. You will feel the butterflies, the random smiling and the emotional roller coaster.

I love the realistic characters. All of the characters in this book behaved like real people not perfect story characters. I loved that the main characters made mistakes and learned their lessons. This book does not have a complicated plot, it is more about teenagers dealing with getting to know themselves and understanding other and finding their place in life, their home.

France was just perfect and added a delicious ambiance to the whole thing. I really wanted to go sit in France, drink a cappuccino and finish reading this book.

The best part of this book was how I felt when I finished reading it. Yes, I was sitting there with a big grin on my face.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone that wants to read a sweet love story about a girl trying to find a place to call home.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book, too! I had a huge grin on my face the entire time I was reading it. Stephanie Perkins automatically became one of those authors I will read no matter what. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing very good things about this book from everywhere. I really need to get myself a copy. Thanks for the review!

    Alyssa (Reader's Refuge)
    http://readersrefuge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always read comments and love hearing about what you think. Hope you enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...