Have a wonderful day!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

{Review} Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)
Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White Website Twitter
Genre: YA Fiction/ Paranormal
Publisher: HarperTeen
Hardcover: 
335 pages

ISBN: 9780061985843
Source: Library
Available on: Amazon | Barnes&Noble | TheBookDepository

Description from GoodReads:

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal. 

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures. 

So much for normal.


My Review:
I heard great things prior to reading this book so I had high expectations. Did it meet them? Definitely!


Kiersten White does a great job in creating Evie's world. The characters were very well developed and the story line keeps you engaged. I cannot begin to express how fun it was to read Paranormalcy. Evie was an amazing and fun character. Even when her world was crumbling she still managed to keep her sense of humor and think positively. It was great to see a character that has lived most of her life surrounded by paranormal that she craved a normal life. 


You can imagine that a girl that makes a living capturing paranormals would not be dazzled by a vampire or a werewolf. That her love interest would be fantastic and it definitely was.


Lend is a breath of fresh air in the world of "dark and mysterious/me loving you puts you in danger" YA paranormal guys. He has powers and is definitely not your average guy but is more like a normal guy than you would think. It was also nice that he had a little faery competition. I hope we see more of Reth in the next book. 


The story was fast paced and entertaining from start to finish. I cannot wait to read more about Evie and figure out more about her past.


Overall, this was a "beeping'' good book. 

My Rating: 

Book Trailer:

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I really did as well, it was such a refreshing read! Nothing too serious, yet it was interesting, emotional and with lots of new mythological creatures! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my bookshelf collecting dust! I need to get around to reading it! Too much to read...so little time!

    www.magicalurbanfantasyreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I REALLY want to read this! I actually read a synopsis for it for the first time yesterday. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but now I REALLY REALLY want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book! It's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

I always read comments and love hearing about what you think. Hope you enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...